Introduction: APIs and SEPs as essential inputs in the digital ecosystem.
Section 1: APIs, data sharing and interoperability: the role of standardization
- Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) as a key enabler of interoperability among private and public undertakings ensuring a smooth flow of data between undertakings
- Description of different EU views on who should define the APIs nor whether to standardize their creation
- APIs standardization as key-aspect role of data access and sharing remedies which are currently under evaluation by policy makers worldwide as well as by private firms
- The issue of compensation to data holder for data sharing and the European Commission proposal of relying on FRAND terms
- Data pooling arrangements as a potential private ordering tool to enable sound and effective data sharing mechanisms